Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Fun Night

Have you heard of Jonathan Badon and Ana Feleo? My family and I attended this concert at the St. Francis Church Auditorium last Saturday. At first I was hesitant to go since I was kinda sick and the concert was a classical music type of thing and I didn't know who Jonathan Badon was. But then as I watched the show, I found myself actually enjoying it.

The singers were great. I mean, really great. Jonathan Badon is known as "The Josh Groban of the Philippines" and personally I never really liked Josh Groban. But Jonathan made me like Josh Groban's songs, he was such a great singer. He was also referred to as "The Philippines' Favorite Tenor", he's certainly my fave tenor right now. Ana Feleo was great as well, she's a soprano. They made me an instant fan of classical music.

The concert was kinda like a fund-raising for the St. Francis Church and it was sort of organized by the CWL (Catholic Women's League), of which my grandma is a member of. The CWL members and the performers were invited to dinner at our place so they all came after the show. I was pretty excited to have Mr.Badon and Ms.Feleo over and we (me, my sis, friend and cousins) all wanted pictures with them. I don't have a copy of the pictures yet but I hope to have them soon. It just kinda sucks that we only got a picture with Jonathan. We didn't get a picture with Ana Feleo. I hope I can get a pic with her some time. I mean I felt real bad that I didn't get a picture with her. I hope she didn't think that we just liked Jonathan because they're both real excellent singers and I liked her too.

I wonder why they're not that famous yet. They were really good. They're both very talented. I hope to buy a copy of their CD (I'm not sure if they have one yet) and I might try and catch their future shows.

I just really enjoyed their show. The choir that sang was cool as well, though I kinda forgot their name. I hope this kinda helps promoting all of them (Jonathan Badon, Ana Feleo and the choir) because I believe that they deserve to be really recognized for their talent.

** Cocoy Laurel also performed and he came over as well. We got a picture with him. He was good too.

No comments: