Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Thankful

I just feel real thankful right now. I mean I just had another answered prayer, although it wasn't really a big prayer or anything...nevertheless, it's just a great feeling. Last night, I was kinda thinking about money...I mean, for personal reasons, my dad hasn't been able to send me and my sis our weekly allowance and I don't expect he'll be sending it any soon. It's also my sem break so my grandma is not really obligated to give me my school allowance and so I'm kinda low on finances right now (I don't have load for example...)

I'm planning on going out this Friday with a couple of friends to relax and run some errands as well. And so I thought about the money I had. I have a few hundred bucks so I think I can afford to watch a movie or so. But then I kinda thought about things in the long run, as in my entire sem break and when school starts again. I kinda worried because I don't think I'll be able to save money since my dad hasn't been sending my allowance. I just try to make my allowance from my grandma fit. And so I thought of getting a job, like asking my uncle or aunt for a job in their laundry...but then the thoughts just kinda drifted away (I'm not sure if I fell asleep already...)

I was praying actually, recapping my day, giving thanks because I think I finally got rid of the virus in my computer and laptop. And then I said that maybe God will take care of this money problem for me. I mean, I was a bit worried about my finances but it wasn't that big of a deal for now...I just wanted to kinda enjoy my break and worry about the whole thing some other time.

Well, just this morning (or afternoon), as I was eating lunch with my mom and grandma, my grandma told me to stay after lunch 'coz she was gonna give me some money. I just smiled and I remembered the things I was thinking about the night before and I remembered my prayer as well. It's just a real nice feeling. It's like God just really works things out for you. I mean this isn't the only time that He has done something like this for me (and for other people, I'm sure)...it's just great to know that I have a Father up there looking out for me, listening even to my tiniest worries, despite my failings and unworthiness.

It just feels so good. So good that I finally decided to write about it here (I don't usually blog, this is my first personal blog). I guess I just wanted to praise Him, thank Him and kinda let other people know how great He is. I mean, sure I was worrying about money but it wasn't even really a big deal for me at the time. It was not a major issue, it was more of a little side-note or something. But the fact that it was just a tiny worry and that it was just something that crossed my mind at that time...I think this just made the whole thing so unexpected and so I feel even more grateful.

I just don't really know how to express it. It's just really a great feeling. Thanks Lord!

** By the way, another thing that makes this blessing special is the fact that I was feeling pretty bad lately, I did some bad things...but despite that God still blessed me. I mean, more and more I experience His Goodness and Faithfulness. Thanks again Lord! Thank you so much!

1 comment:

Rhina said...

God really works in mysterious ways and He never lets us down. We may not get the answers we are expecting but He surely answers all our prayers. Im happy that you are able to see Him work a lot of wonders for you. We may also feel unworthy of the attention He gives us but it's up to us to recognize Him in our lives. Good for you that you attribute all the things happening to you to Him who makes all things possible. May you continue praising Him and glorifying His name for really GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME; ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD! Take care always and more blessings from HIM to you.