Wednesday, July 22, 2009

21st Birthday

I'm old! Hehe...

I promised myself I would blog today, so even though I'm pretty tired, here I am.

I had a good day. It didn't start the way I planned. I planned on waking up early, I think I set my alarm for 8:00 am. I normally set my alarm before 8, but I said I'd let myself sleep a bit longer since it was my birthday. I slept pretty early the night before, around 11:00 pm. I heard my alarm, turned it off...but I didn't get out of bed...I kept negotiating for a few more minutes until it was already 9:00 am. I don't even think I would've gotten out of bed had it not been for the doorbell. I was woken up by the doorbell...immediately I knew there was a buyer waiting outside and so I got up to attend to the customer. Afterwards, I saw my mom and she asked me if I was gonna eat. I said no, because I wanted to go back to bed but I ended up eating anyway because I felt and heard my stomach grumble. I got an apple from the fridge and ate half a slice of tiramisu cake for breakfast. Of course, my mom greeted me and so did my grandma. Then I went back home to do my morning tasks (account for the store's sales the previous day and check the inventory).

My mom asked me where I wanted to have lunch. I told her it was up to her. I didn't really have anything planned for my birthday. I wouldn't have minded if we just stayed home to eat like any other day. I wasn't done with my tasks for the store but I had to take a bath already because we were going out for lunch.

So I took a bath and while waiting for my mom and grandma to finish getting ready, I did what I could for the store. Before we left, I killed a bunch of ants that were pestering the store's goods.

Ma drove and we actually made a wrong turn, which was probably a good thing because we ended up seeing Anne Curtis and Derek Ramsay. Apparently they were shooting in the area for The Wedding. I was sitting in front so I had a good view of them. They were crossing the street with a bunch of people who were assisting them. I think I made eye contact with both Anne and Derek, they looked at the car as they were crossing. So that was a pretty cool detour.

We made it to Lattize for lunch. I was a bit hungry because I didn't have much for breakfast. I had four pieces of garlic bread, seabass with mashed potatoes, ripe mango shake, creme brulee, a piece of crepe.

I was so full after lunch, I felt sleepy but I decided to resume my tasks for the store and to accomplish other errands that I had set out to do. Around 5:15, mom and I left to go to church. Then we had dinner in Metroclub with ma, Kaye, Cha, and Vince.

Then finally, we got home. I watched TV, took a bath, fixed my things, and now I'm blogging.

Basically, that was what I did the entire day...here are the highlights for me.

***

I remember hearing the rain around 11:oo pm, July 21st, I was falling asleep then and I remember smiling and asking God if that was his early birthday gift for me (it almost always rains on my birthday)

I remember getting startled when Cha went near my bed around 12 midnight. I think she was telling me that my phone was ringing, it was actually my phone alarming for my birthday. She greeted me happy birthday. I checked my phone if I had any messages, I didn't...and I went back to sleep.

I checked my phone early morning for messages, I think I woke up because Kaye was leaving for school. I think it had 2 messages: Mom and Hans. I went back to sleep.

I checked my phone again when it alarmed. It had messages: Aileen. I went back to sleep again.

I kept checking my phone every now and then (waiting for a text message from someone, hehe)...it finally came.

I received more messages during the day.

When I checked my e-mail while doing the store's accounts, I saw I had several greetings on Facebook so I logged on and replied to them. I ended up chatting with a few friends while working on the accounts until I had to go for lunch.

Saw Anne Curtis and Derek Ramsay...that was cool.

We were served two crepes for lunch because it was bitter. They didn't charge us for it anymore and they gave us a discount (I think because of my birthday).

Made a lot of phonecalls (Landbank, EastWest, Skycable) to inquire about several things.

Had a pretty good day with mom.

Received a phonecall from dad.

Drove to church as requested by mom.

Had a good time in church.

Received a gift from Cha.

Had 2 pineapple shakes for dinner.

Ms. Bart greeted me through YM and Friendster.

Had a weird but interesting dream...maybe that was the reason why I couldn't get out of bed.

Ate Luz confirmed she was not coming back.

Missed the solar eclipse because I did not get out of bed as planned.

***

Overall, I had a pretty good day. I had a nice time with my mom and grandma. I appreciated all the greetings I received through texts and Facebook. It was nice having all those people greet me.

I like the number 21...it looks pretty cool.

Thank you Lord for all the blessings you have given me. Despite the not so good things happening right now, indeed I feel blessed. You know that...I told you a while ago. ;p

Thanks. I offer everything to you. (I liked that the offertory song was "Lord I Offer My Life").

Happy birthday me..haha..

Thanks.

No comments: