Friday, April 23, 2010

Excerpt: Spurs shrug off Cuban's comments

I love Tim Duncan. One of my all-time fave NBA players, if not my all-time fave.

Loved these lines:


“A couple coaches, a couple players,” he said. “We'll just add him to the list. Everybody hates us.

“Hate is such a strong word. I don't hate anybody; not with a passion, at least.”

“I don't hate anybody,” he said. “Come on, now. I'm a loving guy.”

- T.D.

***

Spurs shrug off Cuban's comments
By Mike Monroe - Express-News
Web Posted: 04/22/2010 12:00 CDT

Duncan said Cuban wasn't the first NBA personage to express hatred for the Spurs.

“A couple coaches, a couple players,” he said. “We'll just add him to the list. Everybody hates us.

“Hate is such a strong word. I don't hate anybody; not with a passion, at least.”

Told that Cuban tempered his words of hatred by asserting his respect for them, Duncan reiterated his lack of concern.

“I don't care,” he said. “It's insignificant is what it is.”

Asked if there were at least one NBA referee he hated, Duncan stood his ground.

“I don't hate anybody,” he said. “Come on, now. I'm a loving guy.”

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich wasn't buying Cuban's comments at all.

“I think that's exaggeration,” he said. “If he hated us that much, he wouldn't have that good barbecue in our locker room after the games.”

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b3Mqk


No comments: