Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Nice Time

I saw Aileen today. It's been a long time since we've had that type of talk. Not exactly talking about the first part of our conversation, which seemed rather formal or serious on a different level. It was actually the talk that we had as we were about to go our separate ways.

Perhaps the first part of our conversation was a necessary prelude that led to that type of conversation. It was rather casual, but very reminiscent of the type of talks we had back in college (everytime I utter this phrase, I make it sound as if college was such a long time ago; I honestly don't think it is, or am I in denial? Haha..)

I missed that. I missed my friend. I missed Aileen. Perhaps sometimes I take that forgranted.

It was not a long talk really, but it was special.

I decided to take a longer walk before finally going home. I haven't had my quiet time for the day and it seemed like the perfect time to have it. I was not able to really settle though. I had a hard time looking for a place to stay. So I just stood and walked every now and then.

It was not my usual or ideal quiet time wherein I'd sit and process everything. For one, I could not find a place to sit :p ... But I think it worked out pretty well. It reminded me that sometimes, I have to learn to simply savor the moment. To just be in the moment. And by default, not by choice, that's what happened. I don't recall if it was quiet in my head, mainly because I did not pay as much attention to my thoughts, but rather to my feelings. And at one moment, I felt that everything was okay; I'm okay.

In retrospect, my head would say otherwise, and perhaps it did. But it was what I felt then. And it was very distinct that it was in the present. I was okay, everything was okay. Not I will be okay or everything will be okay.

And now after looking back, at this very moment that I type these words, I feel that everything will be okay. (Of course my head's back and it just started processing everything that has to be done, thus reminding me what I already know: it isn't gonna be easy. I'd say logic is overpowering me again, messing up my moment, so I'll stop here. :p)

Thanks Pop. :)

No comments: