Saturday, November 27, 2010

Repost (Excerpt): Does Winning 'American Idol' Even Matter Anymore?

Just wanted to repost this because it's about Carrie and I love Carrie Underwood. My fave female American Idol and the dearest one to me, even though I was a Bo Bice fan. What can I say? She won me over and her voice is just amazing.

***

CARRIE UNDERWOOD (SEASON 4)

THE GOOD:
--Forbes ranks her as the number-one earner among all "Idol" alums.
--She won a Grammy for Best New Artist, and has won five Grammys total.
--She's won more than 100 trophies at the AMAs, Billboard Awards, Grammys, ACMs, CMAs, People's Choice Awards, and CMT Awards.
--All three of her albums have gone multiplatinum.
--She was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry, a huge honor for a country singer.
--She was recently recruited to sing the theme song for the newChronicles Of Narnia movie.
--And the list goes on and on...

THE BAD:
--Um, there's not much bad to say here; Carrie is always, consistently, the most successful and untouchable Idol. I suppose the one negative is each of her albums has sold approximately one half as much as its predecessor (Some Hearts sold 7 million,Carnival Ride sold a little over 3 million, and Play On's total tally to date is about 1.8 million). But hey, 1.8 copies still ain't too shabby.

No comments: