Saturday, March 12, 2011

To be updated...maybe

It's almost been a week since my last post; something I said I would go back to, but have neglected. I'll get to it. Just been a occupied (what's new?).

Well, here's another one of those posts. I don't want to say that I'll update this one because I might not be able to. Similar to the previous post, it's something I want to remember so I made a mental note to write it down before going to bed. I actually almost forgot to; I got occupied replying to Facebook messages. Incidentally (I remember Charlie from The Perks of Being a Wallflower every time I use that word. Was it just me or did he use that word a lot?), these are notes from the anticipated mass I attended today. However, it was my friend who shared it with me, not the presiding priest, although she got them from another priest's homily in an earlier mass.

These two lines struck me. I would probably appreciate them further if I had heard the priest's anecdote. But Cha told me enough of his story to put them in context.

Be prepared to be misunderstood. - A mental "Ha!" and a silent chuckle were my initial reactions when she shared the priest's message. Despite my usual indifference, I occasionally do get bothered by what people think/say or what I think people think/say, especially on bad days. It is nice to remind one's self that the important thing is what He thinks and what He knows. Most people probably misunderstand me but He knows the truth, and that's what really matters. He is the only one who truly knows me. He knows me better than I know myself.

If God wills it, then it will happen. - Just reminded me of my present conundrum. Things are tough and I honestly don't know how everything can fall into place. But He told me that things will be okay soon and I will get there.

No comments: