Friday, August 22, 2008

Thoughts about Becky

I'm supposed to be blogging for my Theo class but I'm not in the working mode yet. I wanted to blog about a lot of things but right now I just can't seem to get over the whole Becky Hammon controversy. It's something that made news last June but I only heard about it now. I just find the negative comments about her so mean and disturbing. Perhaps I am biased because I am a Becky Hammon fan, but the negative comments that I've read are just real mean and unreasonable. After reading them I can't help but feel real irritated; they make me wish that Russia had beaten the USA last night...arg...I would've loved to see Becky win a gold medal...anyway, I hope she wins the bronze! (I hope she can play again next Olympics, I'll be rooting for Russia then).

I guess as a fan, I just wanted to say something about the issue. Even though Becky Hammon would probably never get the chance to read this blog, I'd just like to say that I think she is a great basketball player, heck she's my favorite WNBA player and she is one of the best; I was extremely surprised that the US team didn't give her a spot. I hope all those negative comments never affected her. Go Becky! I'm proud of you for living your dream. I can't wait to see you back in the WNBA and win a championship; she should win an MVP award too. She's definitely an MVP and a gold medalist in my book.

(Again, I just feel so irritated...I really wish that Russia had beaten the USA last night!!!!)

No comments: