Monday, October 6, 2008

Sinking In

My WNBA team lost today...the San Antonio Silver Stars...

I woke up early morning to check the game online (but then I think I left my computer with too many tabs on so it wouldn't connect to the WNBA site properly so I fell asleep and dreamt that the Silver Stars lost in a close game...) When I woke up again I shook off the thought that the dream was a bad sign. When I went to NBA.com (cause WNBA still wasn't working) I saw that the Shock had won the championship, 76-60 (so it wasn't as close as the game in my dream, Detroit won with a last second shot)...I was bummed, but surprisingly not as bad as I expected to be.


I read Sophia Young's blog and commented on it. Reading her blog made me feel better because it showed her determination and it gave me hope for next season, not that I doubted the Silver Stars, but I was afraid that they'd be too devastated by the loss. I just hope they don't doubt themselves because I believe in them. They're a great and special team.

As I was flipping channels (to leave the TV on something while I take a bath) I saw the game being broadcasted in CS Sports. I couldn't help but watch. Even though I knew how the game would turn out, I couldn't pass on the chance to watch my team. It wasn't the greatest Silver Stars game but I was still proud to be a Stars fan. (I've got to congratulate Detroit for playing an outstanding game and an outstanding series; I thought I would be annoyed with them, but surprisingly I wasn't; they were really good. Katie Smith was great. Congrats Shock. I respect your team, you've broken my heart twice; first with the Monarchs and now with the Stars.)

After the game I took a bath (watching the game caused me to be late in meeting Isabela, but it was alright 'cause I still arrived first, hehe...), went to school, studied for Theo, spent some time with Isabela, Hans, Jen, and Aileen. The loss wasn't on my mind much although I told both Isabela and Aileen that my team lost.

When I got home and I found myself alone, the loss began sinking in and I was starting to feel sad about it. So I decided to blog about it, just to let it out. A Silver Stars championship would've completed the beginning of my sem break. I mean I was extremely happy with our UAAP victory (I've got 2 chanpionship shirts and counting...) I didn't doubt that they could've climbed out of an 0-2 hole.

Nevertheless, I'm proud to be a Silver Stars fan. I hope they get the championship next year, I know that they can. They are a special team. And now they have championship experience. I'm hoping that that will only make them better. Sometimes you've got to lose a championship series before you win one, it makes victory even sweeter. Win or lose I'm a Silver Stars fan, I'm a Becky Hammon fan (I swear, I don't know why they haven't given her the MVP award or why they didn't put her on the national team...see previous blog, Thoughts About Becky, for my ranting on this topic). I know that if the Stars just keep believing and keep doing what they do, we'll get a championship pretty soon.

I want VJ to get her championship like how Michael Finley got his with the Spurs.

Sophia Young's getting better every game and Becky Hammon is my MVP.


Let's go Stars! Keep believing! You're the champs for me!

*** I really hope I get my Silver Stars Western Conference Champion shirt ***

No comments: