Monday, April 27, 2009

From Bad to Good

I had a bad day yesterday. I just had a real down day and my eyes really hurt before I went to sleep. The good thing was I was able to settle things before sleeping and I actually had a pretty good sleep.

I just wanted to share that I woke up at 4 a.m. to watch the live telecast of the Spurs-Mavs game (Yeah, I love my Spurs that much...=p) I also had to drink my medicine anyway. The first half was good and I was pretty pleased. I got sleepy during halftime and so I was fighting to stay awake during the third quarter. I just got pretty upset that the Spurs lost. I felt bad of course. I woke up early just to watch them lose. I was able to go back to sleep after the game though, but I didn't feel very good the rest of the day. And as I said, I had a pretty bad day.

I feel good right now though. I had a pretty nice day today. I felt good when I woke up...it felt too good to be in bed, it took me more than an hour to get up after my alarm...I kept bargaining with myself...hehe...I even watched a few minutes of the Bulls-Celtics game before finally getting out of bed (I was contemplating on waking up at 1 a.m. to watch the live telecast but I didn't want to be all sleepy the whole day, especially given the fact that I had a 10 a.m. appointment with Mr.Soh). So I got out of bed around 9 a.m. and I wasn't late for my appointment, I was early actually...hehe...

Memorable things that happened today:

1. I talked to Sir Soh. It was real nice talking to him. I didn't plan on doing so but I was able to share something with him. He told me some great things. I just had a real nice talk with him.
He taught me the Consciousness Examen.

Some memorable lines:
"You wouldn't feel sorry for something that wasn't important to you" - I never realized this.
"Don't be afraid to forget."
"Don't be too hard on yourself."
"Don't take yourself too seriously. Learn to laugh at yourself sometimes."

2. I was able to catch Sir Strebel. Took a picture with him (twice) in front of the blue blob (I liked the blue blob). I talked to him for a while. I was finally able to ask him that question I've been wanting to ask him.

Memorable line:
"Why not?...it was honest, sincere...it wasn't off the point."

3. Talked to Sir Raffy Dy-Liacco. I was able to tell him about the dilemma I had a few weeks ago.

Some memorable lines:
"We have to respect freedom. It is a good."
"Apply what you learn."

4. Ran into Sir Tirol at the caf. It's always fun running into Sir Tirol. I miss his fun lectures.

Memorable line:
"What are you still doing here?...so you pretend to be a student, dress like a student...but you're unemployed." -
hehe...if it was anyone else who said this to me, I probably would have felt bad...hehe...

5. Enjoyed my turon, banana-cue, and my walk to CEFAM.

6. Had a good prayer period in the chapel. Was able to do the Consciousness Examen, do my bible reading and just had a nice alone time. Felt peaceful, safe. Took pictures around the campus while waiting for my ride home. Just felt nice being back in school. Nice memories. Ateneo is a place where I can always go to find myself. It's a sanctuary for me. It felt good being in the campus. A part of me is ready to move on and begin a new chapter of my life, but it is always nice to come home to the Ateneo. It is a good place to think, recharge, and just be alone.


7. Carried the good feeling all the way home.

Just wanted to chronicle my day.

Oh...I was able to read this interesting piece about the Last Supper outside the College Chapel. It intrigued me, I went to the CMO to ask if it was true and I found out it was a legend. I also ran into Candice. I found out she was taking some English units for law school. It was pretty nice running into a familiar face.

No comments: