Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Nice Day

I woke feeling good yesterday. That's been two days in a row of good sleep. I woke up when my phone rang. Upon hearing the tone, I knew it was Hans calling me. He asked if he could drop by. I said yes without hesitating, I told him I hadn't taken a bath yet though and asked if that was okay. He said yeah.

I turned the TV on to guess what?...BTV...Hawks-Heat game and coming up was Lakers-Jazz. Hans called back, asked if I wanted to drop by Aileen's house. I felt excited, said yes right away and told him I would take a shower already.

After about thirty minutes, Hans came and we walked to his house. He told me I was the first friend that would be able to really enter his house...felt nice...we had breakfast, hotdog, pandesal, water. Talked while eating...I saw a picture of him in Hong Kong, I thought it was taken while he was still in grade school. Surprisingly, it was from college freshman year...I can't believe he looked that young then. I was fascinated. Another thing that fascinated me was their digibox...I asked him what additional channels they had, he said he didn't know because he rarely watched television...I was of course curious because we had a digibox too...for BTV...hehehe...

We took a cab to go to Ai's house. Arrived there after a while. We ate again. Aileen cooked chicken a la king. Hans and I were talking about that on our way. Found it special that Aileen cooked. We talked. We had not seen each other for quite some time. There were moments wherein I would just be quiet...like I usually am...I was just relishing the moment, the time with friends. It felt good being with them. I still had my problems in mind, but somehow I felt safe.

We went guitar case hunting then we went to Robee Stickers. After that, Hans and I took the LRT then MRT home. We talked on the way home...had a bit of a conversation about friendship and putting yourself out there...investing yourself in another person. We separated in Shang. I walked home and I was able to somehow talk to myself. It was a pretty healthy conversation with myself.

I couldn't get my mind off the topic of friendship and emotional investment though. Cha and I had a conversation about it and I realized certain things about myself. It felt good realizing those things.

I'd say I had a pretty healthy day in terms of realizations. I guess it took a lot out of me though, I fell asleep without watching NBA Live, preparing my medicine, writing in my planner, or blogging...I left my laptop on.

Memorable moments:

Sitting in the car with Ai and Hans. I felt tired and sleepy. I was just listening to them talk. That's when I felt safe.

Hans and I asked Aileen why she's not showy. It was a pretty cute and funny moment. "You never say you miss us...you never say you care...hehe..."

Talk with Cha. When I realized several things.

No comments: