Friday, November 7, 2008

Upset by the Blazers...Again...

The Portland Trail Blazers broke my heart again today. I've been waiting for my NBA dose for the day, I only get to watch Friday-Monday because I don't have Basketball TV anymore, anyway, I was waiting for the NBA game that they would show in Star Sports. I fell asleep waiting for it, when I woke up it was already the second quarter, it was Houston vs. Portland.

So I watched the game, it annoyed me for the most part because the Rockets kept on blowing chances to take the lead, but it was pretty exciting I guess. Since I fell asleep while waiting for the game, I wasn't able to eat lunch yet and I woke up around 1pm. I told my sister we'd eat once the game was done. Interestingly, the game went into overtime, and I said I didn't mind as long as the Rockets would win, but I was getting pretty hungry though.

In the overtime period, I thought I was put off lunch even more because a basket by one team would be followed by a basket by the other, a miss by one was followed by a miss by the other one, so the game stayed tied. In the last few seconds, the Blazers scored and took the lead, 98-96. The Rockets took possession, 1.9 seconds left, Yao's been having a sub-par game, but he makes a tough turnaround jump shot to tie the game..plus a foul...he makes his free throw so the Rockets take the lead, 99-98...I scream, "Yes, I'm eating lunch!" I was getting real hungry. I was more or less sure that the game was in the bag and that I would have a happy lunch, there was only eight tenths of a second left...but then I remember that four tenths of a second play by Derek Fisher that broke my heart years ago...so I yell "DEFENSE" ..I was pretty confident because Ron Artest was there...

Brandon Roy gets the ball, he was way outside the the point line, he shoots...I thought the shot was short...but...poof (or should I say swish)...the shot goes in, nothing but net. I scream, "What? I thought it was short!" My sister laughs at my reaction. The defense was late, he had a pretty open shot. The officials review if he got it off in time, but it was clear that he did. The Blazers win, 101-99 and break my heart again. They beat the Spurs in their opening game, 100-99.

I wait till the game credits end, I stand up and turn off the TV while ranting to my sister. It was almost 3pm and I was hungry. I rant to her while eating, how the Blazers beat my team again in a close game. She goes, "I don't even know the Blazers, I mean I know them but I don't know them know them, are they even good?" I say, "That's it, they're not even that good, but they've beaten two of my teams...you gotta know them now..."

It sucked that my team lost again, but oh well...I enjoyed the game, sort of...it was a good game. I've been appreciating every NBA game that I get to watch because I don't have the luxury of getting to watch a live game everyday, Sky Cable doesn't have btv anymore, which totally sucks, so I'm NBA deprived...hehe...

Anyway, I forgot about the game as my sister and I sorted our toys for selling. But I just felt like blabbing about the Blazers and how they've broken my heart twice...haha...We'll get those games back, I'm sure of that.

No comments: